Ex-Bank of Thailand governor (19th)
Place of Birth: Bangkok
Date of Birth: Wed Aug 20, 1952
Born to Mr. Buckteng and Mrs. Tesi, a Chinese Thai family.
- Assumption School, Bangkok
- 1974 Bachelor of Engineering, First class Honors in Electrical Engineering, Chulalongkorn University
- 1976 Master of Engineering in Industrial Engineering and Management, Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand
- 1978 Master in Business Administration, Harvard University, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- 1981 Doctor of Business Administration, Harvard University, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- 2003 Thailand National Defence College, Joint Public/Private Sector Class 15
- 2011 Honorary Doctor of Business Administration, Rajamangala University of Technology Suvarnabhumi
- 1981 – 83 Research Fellow, International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
- 1983 – 92 Bank of Thailand with last position of Deputy Director, Department of Financial Institutions Supervision and Examination
- 1992 – 2003 Securities and Exchange Commission of Thailand with last position of Secretary-General
- 2004 – 10 President, Kasikorn Bank Plc.
- 2010 – 15 Governor, Bank of Thailand
Married to Mrs. Nisarat Trairatvorakul.