Economist and former Minister of Finance and President of TDRI
Place of Birth: Not Available
Date of Birth: Sat Jun 10, 1950
Born to a Chinese-Thai (Hainanese) family
- 1972: B.A. in Economics, Cambridge University, UK.
- 1974: M.A. in Economics, Cambridge University, UK.
- 1976: PhD in Economics, Cambridge University, UK.
- 1978: M.B.A. Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University
- 1977-79: Lecturer in Economics, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- 1979-85: Economist, The World Bank, Washington D.C.
- 1985-2007: Research Fellow, Macroeconomic Policy Program, Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI)
- 1987-95: Director, Human Resources and Social Development Program, TDRI
- 1996-2006: President TDRI
- 2006-07: Minister of Finance
- 2004: The National Outstanding Researcher Award for Economics from the National Research Council of Thailand
- Chairman of the Executive Board of the Economic Society of Thailand