Prominent economist specialized in economic development, international economics, natural resources and environment.
Place of Birth: Bangkok
Date of Birth: Mon, 15-Mar-1948
- 1970 B. Econ. University of Western Australia
- 1973 M.A. (Econ.) Thammasat University
- 1978 Ph.D. (Econ.) Yale University
- 1980-83 Economist,National Economic & Social Development Board (NESDB)
- 1983-85 Advisor to the Deputy Minister of Industry (Dr.Chirayu Issarangkun Na Ayuddhaya)
- 1986-88 Dean, Faculty of Economics, Thammasat University
- 1988-91 Vice President for Academic Affairs, Thammasat University
- 1991-92, 1998-2002 Advisor to the Board of Investment (BoI)
- 1992-95 Executive Director of the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand
- 1992-95 Advisor to the Deputy Minister of Finance (Dr. Trairong Suwankeeree)
- 1992-94 and 1996-98 President, The Thai Economic Society
- 1996-2001 Chief Editor, Thammasat Economic Journal
- 1996-2003 Director, Aromatics (Thailand) Plc.
- 2005-08 Independent director, TISCO Bank Plc.
- 2007-08 Independent director, PTT Plc.
- 2009-12 Monetary Policy Committee Member, the Bank of Thailand
- Present Professor, Faculty of Economics, Thammasat University
Marital Status: Married to Mrs. Rachada Koomsup with 1 son, Mr. Ratipol, and 1 daughter, Ms. Ratiporn.
Located in: Economist