Who's Who in Thailand
EX-Minister of Energy, prominent Thai development economist, member of Monetary Policy Committee, former minister of commerce.
Date of Birth: Tue, 03-Jul-1945
- Wat Bowornniwes School
- 1967 B.Econ. (Hons.), University of Western Australia
- 1971 M.A. Economics, Johns Hopkins University, USA.
- 1973 Ph.D. Economics, Johns Hopkins University, USA.
- 1974 Dean, Faculty of Economics, Thammasat University
- 1988 - 90 Executive Vice President, Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI)
- 1989 - 90 Member, Council of Policy Advisors to P.M. Chatchai Choonhavan
- 1991 - 96 Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer General Finance & Securities Plc
- 1992 - 93 Member of the Board of Directors, Office of the Board of Investment (BOI)
- 1993 - 95 Member of APEC Eminent Persons Group (APEC/EPG)
- 1994 - 96 President, Australia – Thailand Business Council (ATBC)
- 1994 - 96 ۰Vice Chairman, Federation of Thai Industries (FTI)
- 1995 - 96 ۰Vice Chairman, ASEAN Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ASEAN – CCI)
- 1996 - 97 Minister of Commerce
- 1996 - 2000 Senator
- 2003 - 08 President, Economic Society of Thailand
- Chairman, Seranee Group of Companies.
- 2011 - present Member Monetary Policy Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors & Council of Trustees, Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI)
- 2003 - 08 Director, Malee Sampran Plc.
- 2004 - present Chairman of the Board of Directors, MFC Asset Management Plc.
- Chairman of the Steering Committee and Vice Chairman of the Council Committee, Mekong Institute
- Chairman and Independent Director, The Brooker Group Plc.
- Chairman of the Board, Seamico Knight Fund Management Co.,Ltd. (SKFM)
- 2012 - present Independent Non-Executive Director, Member of Risk Committee and Member of Nomination Committee AIA Group Limited
- 2013 - present Chairman of the Khon Kaen University Council
- 2014 - 15 Minister of Energy
Marital Status: Married to Mrs. Orporn Akrasanee
Located in: Economist